Skip Navigation

FAQs about Endorsement

How soon will a temporary license be issued?

A 120 day temporary license could be issued within fifteen (15) working days from the date the completed Endorsement Application and fee are received.

If I answer YES to an eligibility issue, will I get a temporary license?

No, a temporary license will not be issued until the eligibility issued is resolved. The eligibility determination process could take up to three (3) months.

Do I need a license verification from my country, territory or provinces since I have a nursing license in the United States?

Yes, it is required to have a license verification from all states, countries, territories and provinces where a permanent nursing license was held/hold or where you had permanent authorization to work in a nursing position.

I received a license in another state but I never worked there. Do I still need to get a license verification from that state?

Yes. It does not matter if you never used the nursing license or if it is not current. You must have a license verification from everywhere a nursing license was held/hold.

If I provided another licensing agency with the information regarding my eligibility issue, do I still have to reveal it to the Texas Nursing Board?

Yes. Every state investigation process is different. Even if you provided the information to another nursing board you also need to report it to the Texas even if the other board took no action against you nursing license.

How long does it take to get my permanent nursing license?

It depends on how long it takes to receive all the license verification(s), criminal background check and any other documents required as well as passing the nursing jurisprudence examination.

I am an RN Undergraduate and hold a nursing license in another state. Can I endorse that nursing license to Texas?

No. You must have graduated from an approved nursing program to be eligible to apply for endorsement.

What military branch has an approved nursing program?

The Army is the only military branch that has an approved Vocational Nursing Program.

I received my training through a branch of service other than the Army and I am licensed in California where I have been working for over 10 years. Will this allow me to endorse into Texas?

No. You do not meet the Education Requirements.

I took my Board Constructed Examination. Will I be able to endorse my nursing license?

No. You must have taken a National Licensing Examination which is either the NCLEX or SBTPE. If you took a different type of test, you will need to contact our Examination Department.