Online Renewal Services
Renewing your license online is fast and easy. You can update your home address and statistical information during the process. In only five (5) simple steps, you will be able to receive your license promptly and verify your license renewal online within two (2) business days. Verify your license here. In order to renew your license online, you will need your license number AND the last four digits of your social security number (SSN). Payment is made by credit card or web check.
Nurses may renew licenses online UNLESS one of the following is true:
- The Nurse has defaulted on a Texas Guaranteed Student Loan (TGSL)
- The Nurse has not met the mandatory continuing nursing education (CNE) requirements and/or has been selected for a CNE Audit. Proof of continuing nursing education must be received in our office in order for the license to be released or renewed
- The Nurse has been selected for a Criminal Background Check (CBC) and the process has not yet been completed
- The Nurse's primary state of residence is a compact state other than Texas. Check here to see more information regarding the Nurse Licensure Compact and to check if your state is included.
- The license number and/or last four digits of the Social Security Number (SSN) entered do not match the information on the Board's files
- The license is Delinquent or on Inactive Status
To renew your license online, use the Online Renewal Application: